- WRITE: set yourself deadlines: write a page a day, a chapter a month, etc… make sure to give yourself reasonable expectations and time frames.
- NETWORK: Join a writers group to network and gain support from the writing community, attend a writer’s workshop or festival, join a book group.
- READ: Read as much and as often as you can.
- KEEP A JOURNAL: to jot down all of your fabulous ideas. I personally like to hand write my ideas, but you can also use your Smartphone note taking app, or a voice recording app to record your notes. I also like to keep on my character notes, plot summaries, and charts in a clear slip folder, it makes it easier to access quickly and is more organized.
- OBSERVE THE WORLD: observe your surrounds, people you know, strangers, and locations. there is inspiration for plots, characters and themes all around you.
View original post 119 more words